Pongo alla vostra attezione tale annuncio:
About the Job
We are seeking multiple highly motivated and collaborative postdocs with demonstrated skills in microbiome, microbial ecology, soil science, and/or computational biology. The positions are for several different projects, including grassland microbiome responses to nutrient addition in global nutrient experiments, predictive understanding of microbiome dynamics and functioning in engineering systems such as bioreactors and fuel tanks. The postdocs will be responsible for sample collection or management, microbiome analysis, data processing, integration, synthesis, and modeling. Besides, the postdocs could participate in studying microbial feedback to climate change in our long-term climate change facility. The postdocs will also be encouraged to collaborate with other laboratory members on diverse research projects related to microbial ecology.
The postdocs will be employed in the Institute for Environmental Genomics (IEG, http://ieg.ou.edu) and the Department of Microbiology and Plant Biology at the University of Oklahoma and supervised by Drs. Jizhong Zhou and Daliang Ning. The positions will be renewed annually, up to 5 years. The successful candidates will receive cross-training in professional and personal development, research collaboration, presentation and publication of results, proposal development, outreach, and mentoring. The positions include a competitive salary and health insurance. Review of applications will begin July 31, 2022 and will continue until the positions are filled. A near-term start date is desired.
1) Ph.D. in biology, microbiology, soil science, environmental science, or other relevant disciplines.
2) Strong background, interest, and experience in one or several of the following aspects: microbial ecology, metagenomics, soil science, theoretical ecology, bioinformatics, and ecosystem modeling.
3) Excellent quantitative, writing, and presentation skills.
4) Experience publishing peer-reviewed publications.
1) Demonstrated ability to direct and run independent research project(s).
2) Multidisciplinary knowledge and research experience in ecology, microbiology, engineering, bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics, statistics, data mining, machine learning, parallel programming, supercomputing, or cloud computing.
3) Experience collaborating with diverse and geographically distant teams.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should send their curriculum vita to Dr. Jizhong Zhou (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Daliang Ning (email@example.com). The salary will be commensurate with experience, expertise, and skills. Further information about the institute can be found on the IEG website: http://ieg.ou.edu/.
The University of Oklahoma is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and encourages diversity in the workplace. Protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-